KidZone workers will work with a team to provide care for children between the ages of 6 months and 17 years. We have had Babies and Toddlers, Preschoolers, Primary and Teens groups, but the age range can change with each course.
The overall aim of the children’s program “KidZone” is to provide a loving, fun and safe environment for children as they transition from home to the field. The specific aims are different for each age group.
Babies and Toddlers
Caregivers will work closely with parents to provide for the physical needs of each child, and provide them with a safe environment to explore and begin to develop the social skills of sharing and corporate play.
Children will enjoy a program that combines individual and group play with music, crafts and Bible stories. Children are encouraged to share their feelings about moving to a new home/country. Caregivers will help children to understand that God will be with them and their family wherever they live. The program will include trips to Botanic Gardens.
Through Bible stories the children explore how God calls people to serve Him and equips them with the skills they need. While engaging in games, music and crafts, the children also learn more about Singapore and its peoples. Building relationships is another key aim with this group. The children are encouraged to share their feelings & thoughts about being in transition. The program will include trips to Botanic Gardens or a local market for example.
This group will have a program similar to the Primary group but may also participate in some of the adult sessions, particularly those dealing with transition, health risks in the tropics and language learning. They might also explore a little more around Singapore.
- participate in 2 - 3 days of orientation and training in Singapore
- select and prepare resources and materials from those available at OMF International Center
- prepare classrooms
- plan and deliver approximately 5.5 hours of classroom time each day
- build relationships with children and their parents by participating in morning testimonies and prayers and through sharing meals each day
- report to the KidZone coordinator any difficulties or concerns related to the children’s program or the facilities and resources
- model Christian behavior to the children and the wider Singapore community
- sort, clean and organize resources at the end of OC.
- attend debriefing